Friday, April 11, 2014

If the things around us could talk what would they say? Perspective of missionary life from an Elder's shoes:


Just the other day it seems I sat hoping to go to a strange new land. 
I'd done everything I could I prepared and I planned. 
I hope to be worn by an Elder with pride. 
I want to be part of it all not just sit to the side. 
Maybe through rain, jungles,desert or snow. 
Who knows where I'll be or where I might go. 
Could it be warm or cold maybe spring or fall? 
Will I live up to the task or fall short of it all?


To the MTC to learn and to train.
The bags are packed and I'm off to the plane.
My arrival is near so there's no time for fear.
I wasn't sure what to expect but now know what to do.
My hopes and dreams finally have come through.
From baby steps to walking to running I go. 
My purpose is firm this much I know. 
I cannot slow down this is my time.  
The entire way it seems an uphill climb.

Two years later worn, torn, ripped, bent, and broken I sit. 
I can finally say I never did quit. 
I know I've done the job I've been sent to do. 
I've accomplished everything I needed to. 
Who knew so much would happen in the life of these two worn out shoes.



What would the world around you be saying?

No comments:

Post a Comment